BruxismHypnotherapy and Hypnobalancing™ in Berlin
Bruxism is a condition which is generally characterized by involuntary teeth grinding, clenching and gnashing, often performed unconsciously either throughout the day or whilst sleeping. Bruxism is not a dangerous condition, but it can lead to permanent dental damage and a variety of unpleasant side effects such as headaches and jaw pain.
Bruxism can be divided into awake bruxism and sleep bruxism. The former is often characterised by involuntary teeth clenching whilst awake and the latter generally, involves grinding teeth in sleep with continuous muscle contractions around the jaw area.
Hypnotherapy is a well-documented treatment for this condition and there are many techniques which a hypnotherapist may use in order to suit your individual needs. The use of hypnotherapy could help to cease clenching and grinding by eliminating any underlying problems, helping you to deal with stress triggers to your problem as well as helping to reinstate any lost confidence.
The techniques used by the hypnotherapist will be entirely dependent on your own specific circumstances. One of the most popular techniques used is that of hypnotic suggestion, which involves inducing a relaxed state of mind in an individual so that the practitioner is able to access the subconscious mind and make appropriate hypnotic suggestions. For instance, among those for whom stress is the root cause of bruxism, hypnotic suggestions will be made so that the mind is programmed to do something more relaxing and positive as a response to their stress.
Tips to help you stop teeth grinding
- Avoid drinks and food that contain caffeine, such as colas, chocolate, and coffee.
- Avoid alcohol because grinding tends to intensify after alcohol consumption.
- Train yourself not to clench or grind your teeth. If you notice that you clench or grind during the day, position the tip of your tongue between your teeth. This will train your jaw muscles to relax more easily.
- Never chew on pencils or pens or anything that is not food.
- Avoid chewing gum as it allows your jaw muscles to get more used to clenching and makes you more likely to grind your teeth.
- Relax your jaw muscles at night by holding a warm washcloth against your cheek in front of your earlobe.
Let's get into a conversation. If you are interested, for questions and appointments you can reach me by e-mail (email@example.com), phone 030/86421369 and mobile phone 01577/7045356. By phone, you reach me best from Monday to Thursday from 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. During the sessions, there is an answering machine. Leave a message and your telephone number and I'll call you.
Remarks: In the address bar of your browser, the URL should begin with "https://www.berlin-hypnosis.com/...". This indicates a secure connection (SSL). Whether you enter your actual name is up to you.